On 2013/8/9 5:40, Eric Tang wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for a solution that allows the backend to maintain keep-alive
connections. From the documentation and the mailing list it seems that
the keep alive can only be maintained in the frontend.

I found a similar request back in 2010 and I was wondering if there was
any action taken?
http://www.formilux.org/archives/haproxy/1009/3830.html

My configuration:

haproxy - load balancing 12 servers in the backend.
Each backend server hosts an application running Jetty.
From the client side we have dozens of clients (nginx/php) making http
requests to haproxy which then forwards the http request to one of the
12 servers.The server will send an http response (and some data) back to
the client.

Under very high load, we found that the huge amount of open/closed
connections in the backend servers causes the application to run at
almost 100% cpu load.

Regards
Eric

Hi Eric,

Do you mean the feature for tcp connection reuse in backend. If so, this feature has already in the ROADMAP as below:

1.5 (ETA 2013/12/31) :
  - server-side HTTP keepalive
    => maybe with limitation to only reuse connections that don't depend
       on layer7 in a first time (just check the target).

HAProxy will release 1.5 stable version with this feature.
--
Best Regards,
Godbach