Hi Everyone, apologies for not replying sooner, I had my filtering a bit
too overbearing and didn't notice the replies.

In answer to your question, no actually I had never noticed any crashes of
haproxy before build19.

Unfortunately I just experienced a crash using the git checkout, it was the
first since posting here.

So, if it's useful at all, the debug log I collected using the previous
command is available here:
https://silverbucket.net/haproxy_debug3.log.gz

I've just recompiled haproxy using the following command:

# make DEBUG=-DDEBUG_FULL CFLAGS="-g -O0" TARGET=linux2628 CPU=native
USE_PCRE=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_ZLIB=1

Adjusted ulimit, but cannot set `suid_dumpable`

# echo 2 > /proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable
bash: echo: write error: Operation not permitted

Nor can I set the core dump pattern:
# echo "/tmp/core-%e-%s-%u-%g-%p-%t" > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
bash: echo: write error: Operation not permitted

(running as root)

Anyway, I'm running the haproxy that's been compiled with the debug flags
now...
Cheers
Nick