Hi Jens,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:05:24PM +0000, Jens Dueholm Christensen wrote:
> Hi, sorry for topposting, but Outlook is notoriously bad at inlining..

:-)

I've used it at a customer's and it's possible to make it correctly prefix
existing lines with a character such as '|' or '>'. After you do that, it
becomes usable again.

> Our sysctl settings are in this pastebin (it's a mix of sysctl.conf settings,
> and some commandes called in a custom iptables script):
> http://pastebin.com/kZDP8XuM
> Have you got any recommendations regarding them?

No, these settings are fine and clean and should not cause any issue.

> When the error occurred we had a "normal" load, but as this normal load does
> involve loads of heavy (CPU and DB I/O from a remote SQL server) threads in a
> largeish Java VM, I can't really tell if that might have been a contributing
> factor.

Possible, this must never be ruled out.

> Our MRTG graphs for memory, CPU and load at the time shows nothing
> unexpected, so I guess I'll report it to RedHat and see if they can give me
> any pointers or a fix.

Yes at the moment I really think that's the best thing to do. I would have
suggested to you to report it on the LKML if it were a mainline kernel, but
it's not so you'd be thrown away.

Best regards,