From: Willy Tarreau
Sent: 09/15/13 02:44 AM
To: Lukas Tribus
Subject: Re: Receiving 403 errors with no attempt to communicate with the
actual server

Hi Lukas, On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 07:41:13PM +0200, Lukas Tribus wrote: > Hi! >
> > > Wouldn't the extra '\r' be swallowed as part of the 'text/xml' value of >
> the Accept: header? > > Yes, but \r is not allowed as character in header
values either. > > > The question was rather, can we make haproxy ignore this
with > option accept-invalid-http-request > > Looks like we cannot. Indeed it
will not accept it. This option mostly unlocks the syntax filtering on places
where it is not critical (eg: forbidden characters in header names, such as
'/'). But characters which break the framing are not unlockable. The only
character allowed after a CR is LF, this is a two-character sequence for an end
of line, we must absolutely not allow half an end of line to pass through
because random behaviours will happen. > > Whatever the way your turning this,
the server doesn't respect rfc, > > that's all. > > Fix the broken server > >
Fix the application, as simple as that, yes. I even doubt i
 t's the application, I suspect some crap was inserted between the client and
the server to insert the two lines before an end of line to force these
headers, but doing it before the LF fails for the reason we're seeing (or that
hack should be modified for not inserting the CR anymore). Willy