On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:44:11 +0200 "Baptiste" <bed...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Good luck to make him turn his mind :)

And in other news "haproxy should never crash - even in -dev
releases".
We flipped a customer with "multi million"/month from nginx to
haproxy 1.5-dev19 for good.

No glitches, no drawbacks and of course no crashes.

Besides "boss paradigma" you wont gain one salt of additional
potential
stability by waiting for a 1.5 GA.

1.5 will eventually released, then you hump it and MAYBE it crashes
on you.
What then? Blame Willy?

There's software and software. One get's developed in rather
chaotic ways,
the other one in a sane fasion (along my standards).

Rushing stuff doesnt help ANYONE on the technical perspective.

GA will be, when Willy thinks so. If server-side keep-alive is his
target,
so be it.
If SSL is so important, rush to stunnel-devel (or the others) to
fix their
stuff, too :-)