On 29 January 2014 17:59, Ricardo <ri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is a bit mess situation but I can't configure Haproxy as a simple proxy.
>
> The behaviour I'm looking for is an Haproxy listen in port 80, receiving
> request to any url and forward each request to the appropiate domain trought
> his own gateway.

It sounds to me like you're looking for a /forward/ proxy, which
*really* isn't HAProxy's forte. I seem to recall it can /just/ about
be mangled into doing something like what you want, but you'll have
much more luck looking at Squid for this - that's one of its primary
use cases.

To confirm that you are actually looking for a forward proxy, answer
this: are you able to deterministically list *all* of the domains that
you wish to load-balance? Or are you looking to balance "whatever a
user might type into their web browser"?

Also - when you mentioned the internet gateway, do you really just
mean a router? I.e. a box which is *just* moving packets, and not
looking inside each HTTP request and then routing them based on the
Host header it finds?

Back to forward proxying: if you don't like Squid, then Nginx can,
with a bit of force, be made to do the job pretty well. Varnish may
also be able to achieve it with its more recent kinda dynamic backends
[citation required; possible rubbish being spouted].

But I wouldn't personally go through the pain of trying to make HAProxy do this.

Jonathan