On 07 марта 2014 г., at 14:53, Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> "When next request(s) arrive, server must to read missing pages back
> from disk.  It takes time.  Server becomes very slow for some time.
> I don't want it to be flooded by requests until it starts to respond
> fast again.  It looks like leastconn would fit this situation."
>
> If one server is answering at 1s per request while the other one at
> 1ms in a farm of 2 servers, then server 2 will process 1000 more
> requests per second than server 1 thanks to leastconn...
> This is what you want.

Yes, provided most of the time they both answer 1ms and also that farm has not
2 but 50 servers.
If one is ill, it's load will spread over the remaining 49...  not so scaring.

I am in the process of reading about maxconn as suggested, probably it is what
I need but for now I am failing to understand the documentation :)