For what it's worth, haproxy can be running on a server, and listening on
IP addresses that aren't actually associated with that server. In linux,
just make sure *net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind* is set to 1, and this will allow
haproxy to bind to addresses that aren't currently associated with that
server. This is handy for very basic HA solutions like keepalived, where
you may just want the HA service managing IPs, and not necessarily turning
on and off haproxy as well.

--
Andy Walker
System Administrator

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Kobus Bensch <
kobus.ben...@trustpayglobal.com> wrote:

>  I use corosync with pacemaker. I have multiple resources on my haproxy
> and I use pacemaker to colocate all of the ip's i use on the master node.
> As the IP's can't exist on 2 nodes at the same time, haproxy cant be
> running on the standby nodes as haproxy will not be running on the standby
> node. You will either need to add a lsb resource for haproxy, or do it some
> other way. I am currently looking at the lsb resource, so I am doing it in
> another way.
>

> On 24/03/2014 16:52, Thomas Heil wrote:

> --
> Kobus Bensch
> Senior Systems Administrator
> Address:  22 & 24 | Frederick Sanger Road | Guildford | Surrey | GU2 7YD
> DDI:  0207 871 3958
> Tel:  0207 871 3890
> Email:  kobus.ben...@trustpayglobal.com
>
> Trustpay Global Limited is an authorised Electronic Money Institution
> regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 900043.
> Company No 07427913 Registered in England and Wales with registered address
> 130 Wood Street, London, EC2V 6DL, United Kingdom.
>
> For further details please visit our website at www.trustpayglobal.com.
>
> The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and
> remain the property of Trustpay Global Ltd unless agreed by contract. It is
> intended solely for the person to whom or the entity to which it is
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose,
> copy, distribute, print or rely on the content of this email or its
> attachments. If this email has been received by you in error please advise
> the sender and delete the email from your system. Trustpay Global Ltd does
> not accept any liability for any personal view expressed in this message.

<<inline: TrustPayGlobal_email_footer.png>>