Hi,Willy,
I'm sorry about strace only support i386 on FreeBSD box, but I'm working on amd64.

# uname -a
FreeBSD ha-l1-n2 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r264098: Fri Apr 4 10:57:19 CST 2014 root@ha-l1-n2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/10-stable-r264098 amd64

Simon

于 14-4-16 13:40, Willy Tarreau 写道:
Hi Simon,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:25:46AM +0800, k simon wrote:
Hi,Willy,

You must never have timewaits on a client, only on a server. So if
on your haproxy box you're seeing timewaits for connections going
to the backend servers, there's something wrong. Haproxy deploys
great efforts at avoiding them by doing a setsockopt(SO_LINGER) to
force the system to close with a reset. If you still get them after
upgrading, please run strace on the process so that we find what could
be causing them, as it would be abnormal.

   It seems that the timewait states occurs in the clients directions.

# netstat -an | awk '/^tcp/ {++S[$NF]} END {for(a in S) print a,S[a]}'
LISTEN 3
FIN_WAIT_1 1558
FIN_WAIT_2 53
SYN_SENT 4
LAST_ACK 780
CLOSING 77
CLOSE_WAIT 52
CLOSED 9
SYN_RCVD 80
TIME_WAIT 7743
ESTABLISHED 7722

The numbers are not very high. I'm surprized that you have so many
FIN_WAIT_1 and LAST_ACK though.

You'll need to log some strace output to a file on each process
(please log timestamps using strace -tt as well) so that we can
compare the behaviour between 1.4 and 1.5.