On 2014-04-15 at 12:13 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 09:54:19PM -0400, David S wrote:
[ SSL extensions for Proxy protocol ]
> > Please let me know your feedback.

[ many great improvements ]
> Note that this probably marks the death of protocol v2 that nobody implemented
> yet, but that was supposed to be easier to parse...

Exim git HEAD has support (for the forthcoming 4.83 release) for Proxy
Protocol, when built with EXPERIMENTAL_PROXY.  This includes support for
proxy protocols 1 and 2 both.  (This is Exim as a server sat behind a
proxy speaking the proxy protocol, so that connection source checks can
use the external origin IP).

Todd Lyons worked on this, I've added him to the CC list.  [Todd, the
haproxy list doesn't require posters to be subscribed, so it's okay to
keep the CC line intact.]

Willy, what are your plans for protocol v2 please?  If it's going to die
an early death, I'd rather ensure that Exim rips out support for v2
before the first release with support for proxy protocol, otherwise
we're in for years of pain if someone deploys a proxy which does support
it.

Todd, was v2 support added for feature completeness, or because you
needed to work with an implementation using it?

Thanks,
-Phil