Am 25.04.14 04:25, schrieb Ben Timby:
> My only feedback is that haproxy has a lot of features that make it useful as
> a MySQL frontend. The stats are great for
> sizing and monitoring purposes. Timeouts and queuing are also great for
> managing load etc. I used to run haproxy in
> front of a single MySQL instance for those features alone ala:
>
> http://flavio.tordini.org/a-more-stable-mysql-with-haproxy
>
> If you are looking to load balance multiple database servers, I think haproxy
> is a good choice for doing that.
>
> It will work great as long as everything is functioning normally, but you
> will need to put a lot of work into handling
> failures and master migration etc. These things haproxy has nothing directly
> to do with. Here is some information on
> handling failure cases etc. using a simple agent along with haproxy. It is
> old information, but should be useful.
>
> http://www.alexwilliams.ca/blog/2009/08/10/using-haproxy-for-mysql-failover-and-redundancy/

i "only" use haproxy for http load balancing, but i also read about the tcp
load balancing and use it as a mysql balancer.

one more thing to take in account: setting up master/slave replication in mysql
is quite easy and works really very
good. if you use a load balancer in front of mysql you have to think about your
application and use case. as long we are
only talking about read-access (just selects) its easy. but if you also want to
have write access (inserts, updated and
deletes) it gets complicated. then we are not talking about master/slave
replication, we talk about master/master or
even multi-master-replication. then you have to think about your database setup
(uniquite indexes across all the servers)...

markus