HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:03:01 GMT
Server: Apache

This works:

root@frontend2:~# curl -I -H "Host: haproxy.org"
http://haproxy.org/download/1.5/src/haproxy-1.5.0.tar.gz
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:03:05 GMT
Server: Apache (Unix; Formilux/0.1.8)
Last-Modified: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:06:22 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Set-Cookie: sid=c; path=/
Cache-control: private

Do you consider this a misconfiguration as well and could this possibly be
corrected? Altering the behavior of the chef client to leave out that
superfluous port number is very cumbersome.

cheers,
  bkw