I have an acl rule to see if path begins with /ww as in
domain.tdl/ww/en...
acl has_ww_uri path_beg -i /ww
If it is just the domain.tdl, I want to rewrite it to /ww
~ example.com/ww

Do I do it like something like this:
!has_ww_uri reqirep ^([^\ :]*)\ /(.*) \1\ /ww\2

But this does not work, does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Do I have to create a backend to do the rewrite?

use_backend needsrewrite if !has_ww_uri
backend needsrewrite
reqirep ^([^\ :]*)\ /(.*) \1\ /ww\2
or this
server Backend1 10.0.0.1:80 redir http:// example.com/backend1
Because I have more logic that this would bypass, like all my checks to
see what servers are up, so I would have to have more backends defined
for this to work, so I thought I would ask first for an easier way.

Is there a way to modify this to work:
redirect location http://domain.tdl/ww code 301 if !has_ww_uri
so I do not have to use a full url, since I might have many on this
account, so its not hard coded:
redirect location /ww code 301 if !has_ww_uri

I do not have Apache Loaded, so I can not use mod_rewrite, this is a Wt
Application running httpd.

Thanks