Hi,

(haproxy 1.5.x)

I'm trying to redirect url and set cookie with expire / secure /
HttpOnly.

Is there a better way than (ab)using errorfile 503 and backend with
no servers:

frontend testing
   acl is_ie_frontpage path_beg /test_frontpage
   use_backend BE_ie if is_ie_frontpage

backend BE_ie
   errorfile 503 /etc/haproxy/errors/ie_redirect.html

(and ie_redirect.html:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Set-Cookie: uefspnego=1; Expires=Mon, 09 Jun 2025 10:18:14 GMT;
path=/idp; secure; HttpOnly
Cache-Control: no-cache
Location: http://real.front.page/
Connection: close

(I've tried with:
backend BE_ie
  rspadd Set-Cookie:\ uefspnego=1...
  redirect location http://real.front.page/ code 303/302

but the rspadd didn't seem to work ? And since I need to add a long
Expires can't use redirect location http... code 303 set cookie ...)
(the uefspnego cookie should only be added when browser visits the
/test_frontpage url).

What I'm trying to accomplish is setting uefspnego cookie to browsers
that are in our active directory domain (ie. capable of spnego/kerberos
authentication). --> With group policy set Internet Explorer home page to
this special url(https://.../test_frontpage) and this special url sets
uefspnego cookie and redirects the browser to "real" homepage.

Or is there a way to add cookie to Internet Explorer with group policy
(or some other automation tool, we have a few thousand machines so
I'd like to avoid anything that requires user interaction / manual labor).

(I guess instead of uefspnego cookie we could add a string to User-Agent,
I assume this is possible with group policy, but I guess changing UA
makes it a bit easier to track our users).

All ideas welcome.

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen