Hi haproxy-list,

I have some strange results trying to use unix sockets to connect backends to frontends.
I'm using 1.5.3 on FreeBSD 8.3. (pfSense)

With the config below the result i get is that srv1,2,3 and 5 are serving requests correctly (i can put all others to maintenance mode and the stats keep working).

And srv4 is down because of lastchk: "L6TOUT". It seems to me this behavior is inconsistent?

If anyone could confirm if this is indeed a problem in haproxy or tell if there is a reason for this, please let me know.

The config below is just what i narrowed it down to to have an easy to reproduce issue to find why i was having trouble forwarding a tcp backend to a ssl offloading frontend.. What i wanted to have is a TCP frontend using SNI to forward connections to the proper backends. And have a defaultbackend that does SSLoffloading, and then uses host header to send the requests to the proper backend. The purpose would be to minimize the load on haproxy itself, while maximizing supported clients (XP and older mobile devices).

Thanks in advance.
PiBa-NL

global
    daemon
    gid            80
    ssl-server-verify none
    tune.ssl.default-dh-param 1024
    chroot            /tmp/haproxy_chroot

defaults
    timeout connect        30000
    timeout server        30000

frontend 3in1
    bind            0.0.0.0:800
    mode            tcp
    timeout client        30000
    default_backend        local84_tcp

backend local84_tcp
    mode            tcp
    retries            3
    option            httpchk GET /
    server            srv1 127.0.0.1:1000    send-proxy check inter 1000
    server            srv2 /stats1000.socket send-proxy check inter 1000
server srv3 127.0.0.1:1001 send-proxy ssl check inter 1000 check-ssl server srv4 /stats1001.socket send-proxy ssl check inter 1000 check-ssl
    server            srv5 /stats1001.socket send-proxy ssl

frontend stats23
    bind 0.0.0.0:1000                         accept-proxy
    bind /tmp/haproxy_chroot/stats1000.socket accept-proxy
bind 0.0.0.0:1001 accept-proxy ssl crt /var/etc/haproxy/stats23.85.pem bind /tmp/haproxy_chroot/stats1001.socket accept-proxy ssl crt /var/etc/haproxy/stats23.85.pem
    mode            http
    timeout client        30000
    default_backend        stats_http

backend stats_http