On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Marc Cortinas Val
<marc.corti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  First of all, congratulations, I think modify ACL in runtime within reload
> all daemon configuration is a
> big HIT.
>  For other hand, I applied ipabuser cal with keymap managing it with socat
> and it works fine,
> but it is NOT permanent when daemon is restarted.
>
>  it could be an option for this but i'm not sure, do you know it?
>
>  Furthermore, I'm interesting in dynamic ACL, what's this? Could you explain
> more?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc

Hi Marc,

I would recommend you to load your IPs from a file.
Then, when you update HAProxy's running content using socat, simply
also append (or delete) the IP into the flat file.
That way at next reload, HAProxy will load the IPs and will be in sync.
An other way would to dump ACL content into the file from time to time.

Dynamic ACL is the ability to update ACL content using HAProxy's stats
socket, as you're currently doing!

Baptiste