Hello list,

This is my first post. I checked a bit online to find a solution to my
problem, but it seems that not many people are having the same issues.

I use a very simple loadbalancing between two synchronized (Galera)
MariaDB nodes. Here is the HAProxy config file :

-------- SNIP -----------
global
          log 127.0.0.1 local0 notice
        user haproxy
        group haproxy

defaults
        log global
        retries 3
        option dontlognull
        option redispatch
        maxconn    1024
        timeout connect 5000
        timeout server 50000
        timeout client 50000

listen mysql-cluster
        bind 127.0.0.1:3306
        mode tcp
        option tcpka
        option mysql-check user haproxy_check
        balance roundrobin
        server db-1 db-1.network.hoggins.fr:3306 check 500
        server db-2 db-2.network.hoggins.fr:3306 check 500 backup

listen httpstats
        bind 127.0.0.1:8080
        mode http
        stats enable
        stats uri /

-------------------------------

When I connect to HAProxy as a MySQL host, and perform a simple request,
everything is fine :

MariaDB [(none)]> show variables like '%wsrep_node_name%';
+-----------------+-------+
| Variable_name   | Value |
+-----------------+-------+
| wsrep_node_name | db1   |
+-----------------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

If I issue the same command after a few seconds, here is what I get :

MariaDB [(none)]> show variables like '%wsrep_node_name%';
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:    743181
Current database: *** NONE ***

+-----------------+-------+
| Variable_name   | Value |
| wsrep_node_name | db1   |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Does it have something to do with my MariaDB setup ? Connecting directly
to any of my nodes is normal, I can stay "connected" as long as I wish
without having the "MySQL server has gone away" message.

If someone has a lead to a solution...

Thanks in advance !