Wow !

That's fast ! It's a very positive aspect of HAProxy : its community.

Anyway, thanks for these answers, Baptiste and Lukas. It's almost
working as expected, except that I guess I need to use some sort of
Apache's ProxyPass equivalent, because my new backend does not
understand that query with a different path from what it is used to be
serving.

I'll have a look at
http://blog.haproxy.com/2014/04/28/howto-write-apache-proxypass-rules-in-haproxy/.
So far, it looks quite obscure to me. I just want my backend to have a
"/" path in its incoming request, and not "/foo/", actually. But I'm
going to find this out.

Cheers !