On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Yosef Amir <amir.yo...@comverse.com> wrote:
> We have in our system DNS which has its own logic for health check and
> balancing for preconfigured "farms".
> So, our system DNS could respond with different ip to the different queries
> for the same name i.g "s1.domain.com".
> Could it will be problem for the HAProxy ?

Hi Yosef,

This won't be a problem.
Imagine, s1 has currently 10.0.0.1 assigned and your DNS resolve
s1.domain.com to both 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.11 in a roundrobin fashion.
As long as HAProxy can find current server's IP in the list returned
by the DNS server, nothing will happen.
Now, if you DNS server updates its list to 20.0.0.1 and 20.0.0.11,
then HAProxy won't find anymore 10.0.0.1, so an IP update will be
triggered and the first IP of the list will be used.

Baptiste