On 7 December 2014 at 20:54, Alexander Minza <alexander.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does one adjust logging level or disable logging altogether for specific
> backends in HAProxy?
>
> In the example below, both directives "http-request set-log-level err" and
> "no log" seem to have no effect - the logs are swamped with lines of
> successful HTTP status 200 OK records.
[snip]
>> backend static
>>   http-request set-log-level err
>>   no log

Are you /absolutely/ sure that these log lines aren't being emitted by
the frontend or listener through which your backend must have received
the request? Are you expecting that "no log" to percolate back to the
frontend? I don't /think/ it works that way ... (though I've not
tested).

[ As an aside, the way I read what you've written above is "mark *all*
logs from the static backend as "err" level. Whereas your global
section's "log /dev/log local1 notice" line says "log everything that
is notice-or-more-sever to /dev/log". I know you're "no log" looks
like it should override this logging, but I just thought I'd mention
it as it looks a little odd. ]

Regards,
Jonathan