On 11 December 2014 at 07:58, Kasim <ktu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running haproxy on Ubuntu 14.04. After I added following config:
> stick-table type ip size 2m expire 5m
> stick on src
>
> Taking out a server and reloading haproxy still sends traffic to that server
> ever after the stick table expires. For example, I have
> server s1 ....
> server s2 ....
>
> After commenting s1 out and reloading config, s1 still gets traffic. This
> does not happen without the stick-table and stick on config.
>
> Any pointer or explanation? Could not find it in the doc or online.

I /suspect/ you'll find that, after the reload, there's an old haproxy
process sticking around to deal with connections which clients are
keeping open. This traffic will be to both your s1 and s2 backends,
but you're only noticing it on s1 as you're expect it to have stopped
completely.

HTH,
Jonathan