Hi Baptiste,

tarpit is pretty handy but as far as I understood it will keep the connection
open, on both sides. So at some point (pretty quickly actually) we cannot handle
any more connections on that host. The host will become slow and/or
unresponsive. When we close the connection on our local side but don't notify
the remote side it will probably exhaust the attacker and we could handle more
connections and/or free and re-use such connections that has been classified too
much.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Ruppert

Babiel GmbH
Erkrather Str. 224 a
D-40233 Düsseldorf

Tel: 0211-179349 0
Fax: 0211-179349 29
c.rupp...@babiel.com

http://www.babiel.com

GESCHÄFTSFÜHRER
Georg Babiel, Dr. Rainer Babiel, Harald Babiel
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB 38633

DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted in this electronic mail message may contain
confidential and or privileged materials. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
prohibited. If you receive such e-mails in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.