Am 17.01.15 um 03:38 schrieb Jeff Zellner:
> 5) Is there a relatively simple way to get "true HA" with a redundant load
> balancer? We have two identical machines side-by-side running EL6 and haproxy,
> one is a disk dd of the other. In the past we used heartbeat with limited
> success; pacemaker has been very problematic for us. For now, we're managing
> manually.

i use haproxy in a HA setup with two machines running keepalived.
it works quite well so far. you can setup different checks in keepalived. at
the moment i do a simple check if haproxy
is alive. when haproxy is stopped, my virtual ip-address is switched on the
backup server. if the master is coming back
the ip-address is switched back again.

i should implement a better and more robust check. at the moment it is a simple
"is alive check". if haproxy is there
but not responding any more or haproxy is very slow, the check would not detect
this.

but in the last 12 month i had a very stable setup. i can reboot the server for
maintenance without (nearly) any
downtime of my webpage...

markus