How does haproxy handle overlaps and wildcards?

For example, if I have a cert for '*.domain.com' and 'something.domain.com'

Does it automatically pick the more specific match? Similar question for certs with SANs - does it consider the alternative names in the selection process?

And lastly, what if I want "everything without a specific cert to use cert X, even
though hostname doesn't match".

-- Nathan