Hey,

are there some kind of global ACLs perhaps? I think that could be really useful. In my case I have ~70 frontends and ~100 backends. I often use the same ACLs on multiple frontends/backends for specific whitelisting etc. It would be extremely helpful to specify some of those ACLs in the global scope and use it where needed without having to re-define it again and again. Technically that shouldn't be much different from what it does in the local scope, shouldn't it? So I guess the ACL is prepare once on startup, it shouldn't matter where that is done. Using it so actually evaluating it is always (as before) done in the local scope, depending on the actual Layer etc.

So adding support for global ACLs should be easy and helpful, or am I wrong? Did I forgot something important here?

Example:

global
    acl foo src 192.168.1.1
acl foobar hdr_ip(X-Forwarded-For,-1) 192.168.1.2 # This *might* be a special case... Not yet further verified.

frontend example
    use_backend ... if foo
    use_backend ... if foobar

Christian Ruppert