Hi,

To refresh the page did not help (the number of seconds the PRIMARY backend
was considered to be "down" increased continuously, but not the number of
Bytes or the color).

[deploy@haproxy-tracker-one /var/log] /usr/local/sbin/haproxy -vv
HA-Proxy version 1.5.10 2014/12/31
Copyright 2000-2014 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = freebsd
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = cc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -DFREEBSD_PORTS
  OPTIONS = USE_GETADDRINFO=1 USE_ZLIB=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_STATIC_PCRE=1
USE_PCRE_JIT=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 8192, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes
Built with zlib version : 1.2.8
Compression algorithms supported : identity, deflate, gzip
Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8za-freebsd 5 Jun 2014
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8za-freebsd 5 Jun 2014
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports prefer-server-ciphers : yes
Built with PCRE version : 8.35 2014-04-04
PCRE library supports JIT : yes
Built with transparent proxy support using: IP_BINDANY IPV6_BINDANY

Available polling systems :
     kqueue : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 3 (3 usable), will use kqueue.

----- haproxy.conf -----

global
  daemon
  stats socket /var/run/haproxy.sock level admin
  log /var/run/log local0 notice

defaults
  mode http
  stats enable
  stats hide-version
  stats uri /lbstats
  global log

frontend LBSTATS *:8888
  mode http

frontend KAFKA *:8090
  mode tcp
  default_backend KAFKA_BACKEND

backend KAFKA_BACKEND
  mode tcp
  log global
  option tcplog
  option dontlog-normal
  option httpchk GET /
  server KAFKA_PRIMARY kafka-primary.acc:9092 check port 9093 inter 2000
rise 302400 fall 5
  server KAFKA_SECONDARY kafka-overflow.acc:9092 check port 9093 inter 2000
rise 2 fall 5 backup

Thank you very much for your help,
Tobi

--
*Tobias Feldhaus | Data Engineer*

Wooga GmbH | Saarbrücker Str. 38 | D-10405 Berlin
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Möser