The application itself is responding properly. I can test directly to it,
bypassing haproxy, and response times are very fast.

I hear you on the timeouts, those were actually pulled from an example 2013
config here :
http://blog.haproxy.com/2012/12/17/microsoft-exchange-2013-load-balancing-with-haproxy/

The thought on http-no-delay is from this thread

http://haproxy.formilux.narkive.com/sw2UL3za/low-performance-when-using-mode-http-for-exchange-outlook-anywhere-rpc

Microsoft stretches the http protocol to maintain connections for in and out
data and sets content length to 1GB and
by default haproxy waits for all of the content before forwarding it. So it may
be evil but is used to counter an even
greater evil!

HA-Proxy version 1.5.4 2014/09/02
Copyright 2000-2014 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
TARGET  = linux26
CPU     = generic
CC      = gcc
CFLAGS  = -m64 -march=x86-64 -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing
OPTIONS = USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_PCRE=1

Default settings :
maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 8192, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes
Built without zlib support (USE_ZLIB not set)
Compression algorithms supported : identity
Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports prefer-server-ciphers : yes
Built with PCRE version : 7.8 2008-09-05
PCRE library supports JIT : no (USE_PCRE_JIT not set)
Built with transparent proxy support using: IP_TRANSPARENT IP_FREEBIND

Available polling systems :
epoll : pref=300,  test result OK
poll : pref=200,  test result OK
select : pref=150,  test result OK