On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:45AM +0100, Baptiste wrote:
> >> and 2. how
> >> could we write a new function in HAProxy which takes a buffer of data in
> >> entry and can return a string (or buffer of data)
> >
> > I think that what you want to implement is a sample fetch function. For
> > example, take a look at the recently introduced "req.hdr_names" function,
> > which iterates over all request headers and produces a string that can be
> > used to build a log line, another header or whatever. I think it will be
> > straightforward enough for you to understand how to implement this with
> > your lib.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Willy
> >

> Hi Willy,
>
> I think a converter is more suited here.
> I mean, a fetch can't take a buffer issued from the result of an other
> fetch...
> The idea would to configure it something like
>   http-request set-header Foobar
> req.hdr(HEADER),mikefunction(<parameters if required>)

That's precisely what I don't find clear in Mike's description. Since he
said "take a buffer of data", I assumed "use whatever is in the buffer",
and then that's what a fetch does. Of course if it's just to convert
strings or so, a converter is better, but that's not my understanding
here.

> Mike, in such case, you want to have a look at this file:
>   http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/sample.c;hb=HEAD
> and with the upper and lower and any other converter functions.

Absolutely.

Hopfully Mike will show us what he projected to do once it's done !