Hi Willy,

On 1 April 2015 at 09:43, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Recently with the Lua addition, we found it to be quite fast. Maybe not
> as fast as C, but Lua is improving and C skills are diminishing, so I
> guess that in a few years the code written in Lua will be much faster
> than the code we'll be able to write in C. Thus I found it wise to
> declare a complete rewrite of HAProxy in Lua. It comes with many
> benefits.

As the author of an open-source network server project written in Lua, I'm
delighted at this news. Currently in today's deployments, people who use
haproxy have to put it on a separate machine in front of the application.
With this move though, we will be able to merge haproxy directly into our
code, so everyone can benefit from haproxy's performance without the need
for extra hardware.

Really looking forward to this, good luck!

Regards,
Matthew