> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Lukas Tribus
> <luky...@hotmail.com<mailto:luky...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm experiencing latency problems while running HAProxy 1.4.18.
>>
>> Our backend servers reply to HAProxy almost instantly (~4ms), but some
>> of those replies are sent to the clients more than 100ms later.
>>
>> We have approx. 50k sessions opened at any time, with a HTTP request
>> coming in approximately every minute over each session.
>
> I suggest you try "option http-no-delay" but really try to understand
> the implications:
> http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.4.html#option%20http-no-delay
>

> Thanks Lucas, "option http-no-delay" seems to have solved the problem.

Good, but this will just hide the real problem and may cause others (as per the
documentation).
Both 1.4.23 and 1.4.20 fix latency (MSG_MORE/DONTWAIT) related problems, also,
if you always
expect zero latency from the proxy then you are misusing HTTP.

I strongly suggest you consider upgrading to latest stable (either 1.4 or
better yet 1.5) and retry
without this command.

You didn't provide your configuration so its not possible to tell if your are
running into those
already fixed bugs, or if you simply need zero latency in all cases per
application design.

Lukas