What changes have you made from when this was working without issue? See
the documentation on httpclose. It can be problematic
https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.5.html#4-option%20httpclose
.

What do you mean by "after letting the page sit idle?" Is there some kind
of Ajax request happening? Or do you mean if the server is idle new
requests get the error?

--
--- "The obscure we see eventually, the completely apparent takes longer"
---- Edward R. Murrow