From: Lukas Tribus
Sent: Thursday, 18 June 2015 3:12AM
To: Brendan Hubble, Haproxy
Subject: RE: http-server-close when a request timeouts after a success HAProxy
does not send 504

Hi Brendan,

Hi I am having an issue with HAProxy in http-server-close mode, when more
then one request is sent in a stream and one timeouts after a success it
re-sends that request. On the second request HAProxy send the 504 and the
request is not resent again.

I'm sorry, I don't really get what you are saying. Are you firing 2 simultaneous
requests in a pipelined HTTP session? Or are those 2 consecutive request in
a keep-alived session?

Here is the wireshark logs detailing the events I am seeing.

Yeah we gotta need the full pcap to take a look at the content. Also, please
provide front and backend traffic and the output from the haproxy (http) log.

Regards,

Lukas