I'm trying to do health checks on a site that is served with SNI - so going
directly to the IP generates a 404 - the backend server is looking for the
hostname to determine which site to send it to.

Is it correct to put the full URL in the httpchk section, like so?
_______________________________
backend foo
        mode http
        option forwardfor
        balance roundrobin
        option httplog
        option httpchk https://my.URL.here/
        cookie BEserver insert
        server foo1 192.168.123.123:443 ssl cookie foo1 maxconn 5000 check
        server foo1 192.168.123.124:443 ssl cookie foo2 maxconn 5000 check
_______________________________

It's not clear to me if that will actually check each backend server, or if it
will only try to fetch that URL, which may not be the correct backend.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.  Thank you!

Jim

Ditronics, LLC email disclaimer:
This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the exclusive
use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential, or privileged
information. Any use, review, duplication, disclosure, dissemination, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you were not the intended recipient,
you have received this communication in error. Please notify sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy any copies.