Hi,

I need your help in resolving the below query.

In our project, we are using HAProxy for load balancing the logs from multiple
clients.
These logs would come from various endpoints, over HTTP.
We have a requirement to authenticate each of these clients before processing
them. We are planning for client certificate based authentication.

Question: If we  have multiple client certificates (around 500 client
certificates one for each client), what would be the processing overhead to
validate the client.

But, we are not sure at this point whether to go with a common CA for all
customers or one CA each per customer. So, our questions are:
1. Is client certificate the best way?
2. If so, can we have multiple Certification Authorities (say per end-point)
configured at HAProxy level?
3. What would be impact on performance and how would the verification happen?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Kumar.