I am trying to use HAProxy to perform http interception and transparently proxy outbound http traffic. i am having a dog of a time trying to get this working. I need to rewrite the GET line on a request so that the request is for the absolute URL, and not the relative URI.

i found this article:
http://www.haproxy.com/doc/aloha/7.0/haproxy/http_rewriting.html#rewriting-http-urls

and the "Set the URI" section of that page is exactly what i want to do, but i need to do it in the community version of HAProxy, not Aloha.

i cant seem to get the process down on how to capture or extract the request URL, and rewrite the GET line to contain that info. Can someone point me in the right direction on what i need to do?

thanks in advance,

brendan