Hello,

I want to define ACL which will evaluate to true if a current number of
connections to a particular backend is greater than a number of usable servers
in that backend multiplied on some constant:

be_conn(BACK) > nbsrv(BACK) * N

So far I came up with the following solution:

frontend FRONT
    mode http  # can be either http or tcp here
    tcp-request content set-var(sess.nb) nbsrv(BACK)  # I use tcp-request here
(not http-request) so it works for both http and tcp mode backends
    acl my_acl be_conn(BACK),div(sess.nb) gt 10  #  "N" in 10 here

So I must use set-var here because div() accepts either a number or a variable.

Is this a good sulution for my problem or it can be done better?

Thanks!