On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Zachary Punches <zpunc...@getcake.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Ok so based on what you saw in my config, does it look like we’re
> misconfigured enough to cause this to happen?
>
> If we were misconfigured, one would assume we would go down all the time
> yeah?
>
> From: Igor Cicimov <ig...@encompasscorporation.com>
> Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM
> To: Zachary Punches <zpunc...@getcake.com>
> Cc: Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com>, "haproxy@formilux.org" <
> haproxy@formilux.org>
> Subject: Re: Help! HAProxy randomly failing health checks!
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Igor Cicimov <
> ig...@encompasscorporation.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Zachary Punches <zpunc...@getcake.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m not, these guys aren’t sitting behind an ELB. They sit behind
>>> route53 routing. If one of the proxy boxes fails 3 checks in 30 seconds
>>> (with 4 checks done a second) then Route53 changes its routing from the
>>> first proxy box to the second

>> AFAIK the Route53 health checks come from different points around the
>> globe and it is possible that at some time of the day AWS has scheduled
>> some specific end points to perform the HC. And it is possible that those
>> ones have different SSL settings from the ones performing the HC during
>> your day time. I would suggest you bring up this issue with AWS support,
>> let them know your SSL cypher settings in HAP and ask if they are
>> compatible with ALL their servers performing SSL health checks.
>>
>> I personally haven't seen any issues with failed SSL handshakes coming
>> from AWS servers and have HAP's running in AU and UK regions.
>>
>> Igor
>>

> That is if you are absolutely sure that the failed handshakes are not
> caused by overload or misconfigured (system) settings on HAP

I was saying this in regards to system (kernel) settings. For example,
assuming Unix/Linux is your net.core.somaxconn actually set *higher* than
your maxconn which is set to 30000 and 15000 in HAP? Any other kernel
settings you might have changed? (output of "sysctl -p" command)

What is your pick hour load, how many connections/sessions are you seeing
on each HAP?

Another suggestion is maybe set tune.ssl.default-dh-param to 1024 and see
if that helps.