That is not the issue. I'm talking about the "disabled" keyword in HAProxy
configuration file. That can be used in the "frontend" section (among
others) to start the frontend without actually binding to a port. To quote
the docs:
"The instance will still be created and its configuration will be checked,
but it will be created in the "stopped" state and will appear as such in
the statistics. It will not receive any traffic nor will it send any
health-checks or logs."
However, if you use that keyword, not only the frontend does NOT appear in
stats, but it also cannot be enabled via stats. The fix that I propose
fixes it - the frontend is after startup visible in stats (in STOP state)
and can be enabled via "enable frontend xyz".

Regards,

Ondrej