Lukas,

1.6.3 didn't have any crashes.  These crashes are sporadic and are not
happening under the load, there is very little traffic as we are not
running production yet.  The proxy starts fine and can run for hours with
the crash.
Where would the core be generated?  I set it up running as user haproxy
would I have to adjust limits for that user?

Thank you for all your help,