Hello there,

I've been working with haproxy for some time now and it's doing a fantastic
job! Thank you for all your development and all your efforts in this great
piece of software!

I am trying to implement compression and it's working just fine with fixed
Content-Lengths.
But it seems that compression isn't working when Transfer-Encoding is 'chunked'.

Documentation indicates this as well:
Compression is disabled when:
[..]
  * response header "Transfer-Encoding" contains "chunked" (Temporary
    Workaround)
[..]

But the next condition is:
  * response contain neither a "Content-Length" header nor a
    "Transfer-Encoding" whose last value is "chunked"

If I understand that second part correctly, than compression should kick in.

I couldn't find more details on the first part and why there is a workaround
and if it's still in place.
Changelog tells me:
2014/04/23 : 1.5-dev23
    - MAJOR: http: re-enable compression on chunked encoding

I am currently using
HA-Proxy version 1.6.4 2016/03/13
Copyright 2000-2016 Willy Tarreau <wi...@haproxy.org>

Build options :
  TARGET  = linux2628
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement
  OPTIONS = USE_ZLIB=1 USE_REGPARM=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LUA=1 USE_PCRE=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 1024, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes
Built with zlib version : 1.2.7
Compression algorithms supported : identity("identity"), deflate("deflate"),
raw-deflate("deflate"), gzip("gzip")
Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports prefer-server-ciphers : yes
Built with PCRE version : 8.32 2012-11-30
PCRE library supports JIT : no (USE_PCRE_JIT not set)
Built with Lua version : Lua 5.3.2
Built with transparent proxy support using: IP_TRANSPARENT IPV6_TRANSPARENT
IP_FREEBIND

Available polling systems :
      epoll : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 3 (3 usable), will use epoll.

Should compression be working with Transfer-Encoding: chunked? If not: Is there
some workaround I could use?

Thank you in advance!
Tim