Hello all,

I was wondering if you'd have some idea on how to set up this. I host multiple services, internet facing. I have had multiple ISP's for redundancy in the past, but I always ended up with some issue. Let's say I have one service with an IP address from ISP #1 and one IP address from ISP #2. Assume my ISP #1 starts failing. DNS queries will still return records with the failing IP address.

Could we use haproxy to have some wrapper script, so that when monitoring the gateway of the ISP (or any other external IP address that supposedly is always up, routed always through the same ISP), if the service is down, DNS records are updated to stop publishing the defunct A record ? The DNS I'm using is PowerDNS, with postgresql backend, so, very easily, a record could be amended with some shell script.

I'm asking this because I know of some Cisco product that can provide that service (very expensively). But I would love to see this achievable with haproxy instead.

Thank you !