backend B2
server s_k
server s_m

backend BACKUP_B2
server b_k
server b_m
----------
<...>

So basically I have a number of backends B1 ... Bn which use different subsets
of the same server pool s_1 ... s_N.
Each backend have "BACKUP_" backend pair, which should be used only when each
server in primary backend has more than a defined number of active sessions
(each server may have active sessions via different backends: B1, B2, ..., Bn).

What is the easiest way to define Bn_IS_FULL acl?

So far I came with the following solution: in each frontend Fn section write:

tcp-request content set-var(sess.s_1_conn) srv_conn(B1/s_1)
tcp-request content set-var(sess.s_1_conn) srv_conn(B2/s_1),add(sess.s_1_conn)
# <...> repeat last line for each backend which has s_1.  We will have total
number of active connections to s_1

# Repeat the above block for each server s_2, ..., s_N

#Then define acl, assume the max number of active sessions is 7:
acl F1_IS_FULL var(sess.s_1_conn) ge 7 var(sess.s_2_conn) ge 7 <...>

but it looks ugly, we need to replicate the same logic in each frontend and use
a lot of code to count sessions.  There should probably be a simpler way to
track down the total number of active sessions for a server which participates
in several backends.

Thanks in advance.