On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 01:15:43PM +0500, ???????? ?????????????? wrote:
> as time goes on ... I see, haproxy moved to github ?

No, it's another fork dedicated to travis that causes some confusion
and that we're trying to smoothly move to fix this recurrent problem.

> I like github, especially for PR and travis.

Ah that's bad because PRs are exactly the reason I don't like github :
they move the burden from contributors to maintainers in that it is
really painful to request good quality patches and even more to fix
the minor issues they have. And more importantly, it doesn't show
people how to contribute good code nor does it incite people to start
to participate. We all started by commenting a patch received in a
mail where we spotted an obvious bug or wanted to give an opinion. It
it important to keep this. We're in fact even setting up something to
automatically forward the PRs to the list so that everyone can
participate, and automatically close them since github doesn't offer
the option to disable them.

> should I open a PR on those (not very critial) issues ?

Don't do it yet please, Lukas is currently trying to get rid of all
of them in order to move the current repository.

> and what do you think of travis-ci ? I have some experience in using it,
> very nice.

No opinion, I don't know it at all, but that's exactly the purpose of
the current "haproxy" project on github, it contains some patches for
travis maintained by Jeff. That's all I know about it. Maybe if we
integrate this cleanly Jeff will not even need to maintain this repo
anymore.

Regards,
Willt