Hi,

Note I am not subscribed to the mail list - per comment at
http://discourse.haproxy.org/t/possible-minor-bug-configuration-validation,
just wanted to flag a possible bug we spotted:
The issue appears to be with a change made back in
2014/04/23 : 1.5-dev23
MEDIUM: config: relax use_backend check to make the condition optional
I haven't checked the source code (wouldn't know how to read it!) but from
behaviour it appears that the above change is actually also hiding errors in
conditions on use_backend. for example, we had an issue where there was a typo
in config of the form:
use_backend x of acl_y
i.e. "of" in place of "if". In pre 1.5 version this config is rejected at start
up ('use_backend' requires either 'if' or 'unless' followed by a condition) but
in 1.7.1, system starts, reports no error and routes all traffic to backend x.
Seems that the check is a bit too relaxed! I would have thought if anything
present where a condition would be, then it should be validated - i.e. only a
blank rest of line should be construed as no condition
*         Adrian

Please note that Revenue cannot guarantee that any personal and sensitive data,
sent in plain text via standard email, is fully secure. Customers who choose to
use this channel are deemed to have accepted any risk involved. The alternative
communication methods offered by Revenue include standard post and the option
to use our (encrypted) MyEnquiries service which is available within myAccount
and ROS. You can register for either myAccount or ROS on the Revenue website.

Tabhair faoi deara nach féidir leis na Coimisinéirí
Ioncaim ráthaíocht a thabhairt go bhfuil aon sonraí
pearsanta agus íogair a gcuirtear isteach i ngnáth-théacs
trí r-phost caighdeánach go huile is go hiomlán
slán. Meastar go nglacann custaiméirí a
úsáideann an cainéal seo le haon riosca bainteach. I measc
na modhanna cumarsáide eile atá ag na Coimisinéirí
ná post caighdeánach agus an rogha ár seirbhís
(criptithe) M'Fhiosruithe a úsáid, tá sí ar
fáil laistigh de MoChúrsaí agus ROS. Is féidir leat
clárú le haghaidh ceachtar MoChúrsaí nó ROS
ar shuíomh gréasáin na gCoimisinéirí.