Hi Jonathan,

On 17-06-13 17:04:22, Jonathan Quinn wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a health check within HAProxy but update the
> host depending on the backend server the request is sent to:
>
> [...]
>
> Each machine would ideally be checked, so I was interested if there
> was a way to dynamically update the host based on where the request
> was being sent:
>
> option httpchk GET /arcgis/sharing/rest/ HTTP/1.1\r\nHost:\ %[req.hdr(host)]
>
> or something similar. Any help is appreciated!

Not sure if this is of any help, and there is a easier way, but the
following comes to my mind: You could write a script which takes the
server address, evaluates it and use curl (or something similar) and the
appropriate host header (based on the server address). Call this script
via 'external-check command' [1]; ensure to set both 'external-check'
[2] and 'option external-check' [3].

All the best,
Georg

[1]