It looks like some exciting stuff is on the way in haproxy-1.8-dev!

Could I ask for a bit more detail on the plans for multi-threading or
multi-process options?
For the vast majority of HTTP applications, binding one cluster to one
front end & process is fine.

But for high traffic sites on newer hardware (Think 24 cores & 2GHz -
Not 4 core & 4GHz) you can quickly run into performance issues.

Will it be possible for one front end to access one stick table - and
yet use multiple threads or processes?

And if it is planned we'd be very interested in helping with testing
and or code.

Sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed the conversation.

Malcolm Turnbull

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
 +44 (0)330 380 1064