The only thing I know that uses DPDK is ostineto, a network traffic generator tool. I think it is going to be a while before any of this gets integrated into the kernel for general networking. My understanding is that this is for people who really want to squeeze all they can out of a 10/40G interface.

Until it's a general part of the kernel networking, I won't get any benefit at the IP level.

jerry