I believe Docker Swarm has a similar API.
Is the code for you listener public?

From: Soluti Quintiliano [mailto:quintili...@soluti.com.br]
Sent: November-06-17 2:08 PM
To: Norman Branitsky <norman.branit...@micropact.com>
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: HAProxy as a frontend for Docker Swarm deployment

I don't know how this would be done to Docker Swarm, but we are using HAproxy
in front of Kubernetes cluster with automatic HAproxy configuration for each
new services which need external access.

We just wrote an listener to the Kubernetes API whom update HAProxy as needed.
We choose to change HAproxy and reload it when changes occurs but you can also
write directly to its sockets for include/exclude backends.
Att.

Quintiliano.