Hi Lukas,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:54:07AM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> Hello Willy,

> > Guys,
> >
> > just to warn you, there's currently an issue affecting HTTP/2 with POST
> > payloads to "slow" servers.
>
> Ok, the POST issue is obviously more important, but just to provide a
> complete picture we also have those 2 minor issues left in H2, which
> can easily be worked around though:
>
> - the abortonclose incompatibility:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg28186.html

Yes I'm well aware of the abortonclose issue indeed, and as you're
saying, at the moment it's less important for me since there is a
workaround.

> - improper close (no GOAWAY) when "timeout server" < "timeout client"
> https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg27990.html

Thanks for the reminder, I already forgot about this one :-)

> Also, a quick reminder about 1.7.10; I can see a lot of patches are
> already backported, is there still something missing?

I don't know yet. From what I can see in 1.8, part of the truncated
objects are caused by H2 itself, and other parts are caused by a bad
behaviour of the HTTP forwarding code when facing a SHUTR (it's
considered as an abort even in cases where we can't move due to a
buffer full condition). So we may end up having to backport a fix
there. Also I'd like to re-run a number of non-reg tests on 1.7.10
before we release it.

Thanks!