On 12/01/2018 03:57 μμ, Emeric Brun wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> FYI: upgrading to next openssl-1.1.1 could break your prod if you're using a
> forced cipher list because
> handshake will fail regardless the tls protocol version if you don't specify
> a cipher valid for TLSv1.3
> in your cipher list.
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/5057
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/5065
>
> Openssl's team doesn't seem to consider this as an issue and I'm just bored
> to discuss with them.
>
> R,
> Emeric

So, If we enable TLSv1.3, together with TLSv1.2, on the server side, then
client must support
TLSv1.3 otherwise it will get a nice SSL error. Am I right? If I am right, I
hope I'm not, then we
have to wait for all clients to support TLSv1.3 before we enabled it on the
server side, this
doesn't sound right and I am pretty sure I am completely wrong here.

Cheers,
Pavlos